This following process will set up your 4K Firestick or 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube so you can remote control it from another device (Windows / Android etc)
- Can access from the internet
- No changes needed on your Router
- Great performance even on low bandwith connections
- Can be set up for complete unattended access
- No root required!
(APK at the bottom of the page)
- Enable installation from Unknown Sources on your device
- Ensure you have ADB debugging enabled
- Using downloader to install the above APK
- Start the application
- You must tick the “Always allow USB Debugging” and the click OK.
Application will then start and install Anydesk and the plugin for you
You will then be at the homescreen of Anydesk
Software needed For Automatic Install On 4K Firestick (Fire TV Cube see below)
Software needed For Manual Install On 4K Firestick & 2nd Gen Cube
Install Anydesk first but don’t open it.
Next install the Anydesk plugin
Install the Anydesk helper and open it. This will configure the correct permissions and launch Anydesk for you. You can then follow the rest of the steps in the video below